Followers

Monday, December 17, 2007

Reflections of xanga

I went back into my old xanga account today.. mainly because it's been.. a long time since I've been there, lol.. This was one of my last posts. I haven't edited anything so idk how bad spelling is, lol.


Friday, September 01, 2006


Our lives are full of forgotten memories. We live, and do so much, that a lot of the past stuff we have done, is gone. But for some reason, we cant get our heads past the present. Its like we need to have the here and now and nothing that is coming to us in the future. Ted Dekker said it best. Weve fallen asleep to this world.



The fact of the matter is, we have no idea all the stuff that goes in. Not only in our lives, but the world. Forget that part though We dont even know whats happening in our own bodies. We dont take time to care. We dont think about the beauty of one breath. Life giving air, filling our unseen lungs. Or each heart beat. Beating softly, with a rhythm. Pumping blood through our bodies, so that we can sustain this life.



We are asleep to the world. We only live within our own selves. For some reason, we cant seem to care about the person crying beside us. This might seem silly, but I was watching Sci-Fi There was this show called Who wants to be a superhero. I dont remember everything, but I remember that they had to complete a certain challenge. But what they thought the challenge was, really wasnt the challenge. They had placed a crying, lost girl in the path of these superheros Only one person stopped to help this girl. The others were too consumed with their own selves, rushing about trying to complete this challenge as fast as they could For themselves.



To often we do that. We ask Hey, how are you. But we really dont care if theyre fine or not. We just want them to ask US the same exact thing, so we can complain. Thats not how we were made Thats not what we were made FOR.


Heres the bottom line. There are people out there hurting. They cry themselves to sleep. They hide behind a mask. They dont show that theyre hurt, because the mask has been woven well. Take some time. Really listen. Listen to the sound of a breath. Listen and feel the beat of the heart. Take a second, and listen to the unseen tears, and unheard cry of the broken.

2 comments:

Mark Underwood said...

"Take a second, and listen to the unseen tears, and unheard cry of the broken."

My questions are simple. What tears have you seen lately? What cries have you listened to lately? What have you done about them?

snoop said...

I boost not to man the times I have uplifted the hurt, helped the needy, and dried the tears of the dying. It's not for you, or anyone else to know what I have seen. It is for you to know, what you have done yourself.