Followers

Monday, December 17, 2007

It's midnight.. Do you know where your children are?

So let me get this straight... it's midnight. And I'm once again writing... I'm not sure why.. the urge to write consumes me as much as it confuses me. It's like a disease in my body. My fingers itch to type, draw, react, express. Odd for me to talk about my fingers as if they have a brain. In reality, I don't know what I would be doing right now, if I wasn't writing something. I'd probably be going nuts.

Do you ever think about the human language? Normally, we would see this as a massive system. But when I step back and look at it, it's so confining. There are things I want to express to certain people, but my ability to communicate to people hinders my ability. Think about this though... If you have one of the biggest vocabularies in the world, that becomes a hindrance to you as well. You would end up using words nobody would understand. Then you would have to explain it to someone. That's takes away from any impact that you may have been trying to accomplish. Are words enough?

In theory, the verbal word is supposed to have the most impact. But does it? Could actions be a close tie? Please allow me to explain.

You can be with someone your interested in. And you two can talk up the town, and may never know what could come of your talks. But what happens when your saying goodbye? Is there more meaning in a hug that lasts longer than normal? Is the wordless 5 seconds of eye contact, where you feel like you have to tear your eyes away from theirs before you can breath again, mean more than 20 minute of talking??

Unless you have the ability, and the courage to admit to someone your feelings, (which very few of us do) then actions could be the closest thing you have to understanding someone's feelings. Any this is feelings of any type.. Anger, love, confusion, etc. Not many of us have the courage to tell someone your angry at them. Nor do we have the courage to tell someone we're interested in them.

I'm not saying that all actions are clear and understandable. But when actions are tied into words, then it was powerful. When you do as you say. ACTUALLY DO IT, and not just say it, then that is a powerful thing. I think maybe that's why I feel the human language is constricting. Because it's only half of it. Or just a part of it. Actions play such a big part in our lives, that we can't ignore it.

Paint the town red with love.
Turn feelings into actions.
Turn bitterness into newness.
Put actions into your words. Put life into the earth.

Intoxicate people with love.

No comments: