Followers

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Oh that coleridge

Poetry has been to me its own exceeding great reward; it has given me the habit of wishing to discover the good and beautiful in all that meets and surrounds me.

-Samuel Taylor Coleridge

I read that, and it struck a cord in me because it is so true. When I started to write poetry, I started seeing things differently. When I started writing poetry when I wasn't even mad, my view on life changed... I really and truly began to wish to discover the good and beautiful all around me. Every flower deserved a picture, because it was beautiful. Every girl I met had a beauty about them. It goes on and on.

A lot of times when I write, I look back, and wonder if I truly wrote that. Not because I'm amazing, but because it surprises me. I looked back at one of my posts, and remembered everything about that night, and how much I had changed. It is truly amazing how much we change without even knowing it. It's a day to day process that we don't even notice.

This is a really random post... But let me leave you with a thought. Look. Look into everything. Look at the beauty of creation. You don't have to travel to the Grand Canyon. You can find beauty in everything you see. Look for new beauty. Look at something you had already seen, and discover something you didn't know.

What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you dreamed?
And what if, in your dream, you went to heaven
and there plucked an strange and beautiful flower?
And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand?
Ah, what then?
-Samuel Taylor Coleridge

No comments: