Followers

Friday, February 27, 2009

Body of Lies

I find myself becoming more critical in my thinking. Not in a bad way, but in the way of discovering things. The current piece I'm working on has a part to do with that, but there are more aspects to this story we call life.

Is it not funny how everybody breeds lies in with truth? It seems like nobody is capable of just saying yes or no nowadays. As if they must hide a part of their lives, in fear that people will find them out. I heard this from a really sick dude, and I think his pretty well known, I hear a lot about him. But he is quoted in saying "Let what you say be simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything more than this comes from evil". Pretty nice quote.

Take for example the cultural phenomenon, oh, he/she is just my brother/sister, when in actuality, they like that person. In some examples, this may actually be the case, but in most it is not. I find it foolish that people can no longer openly admit if they have interest in someone or not. I revert back to my friends quote, let your yes be yes, and your no be no. It's honestly not that hard.

Is it really that hard for us to be transparent? Even with close friends, it seems as if there is this barrier that hinders transparency. What are the repercussions when we decide to hide everything back? Does that not hinder us more than help? This piles on burden after burden onto us, and I find that out emotional bodies can only handle so much.

No comments: